Careers at American Governor
Careers at American Governor: Field Service Engineer / Technician
Field Service Engineer / Technician
Location: Various Locations across the United States or São Paulo, Brasil
Type: Full Time
We are seeking a qualified, passionate, and technically skilled individual to join our Service Team as a Field Service Engineer/Technician. In this role an individual will travel extensively and work on governors and associated hydraulic systems at Customer-owned hydroelectric facilities. Work would include, but is not limited to, performing inspections, routine preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and emergency service. Also included is training the Customer’s staff on proper Operation and Maintenance of their governors and associated equipment. The successful individual will work on numerous and varied projects, with the opportunity for continued and tracked growth.
- On-site Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Independently perform maintenance of Hydro Control Systems, including routine and planned maintenance as well as emergency troubleshooting and repairs.
- Perform adjustments, calibration and tuning of equipment to include Governors, Hydraulic Pumping Units, Permanent Magnet Generators and Governor auxiliary devices.
- Oversee and facilitate strict deadlines for on-site work schedules.
- Maintain excellent Customer relationships by interpreting Customer needs and working to find creative and effective solutions.
- Training Customer staff (typically Plant Maintenance Technicians and Operators) on functionality, operation and maintenance of their governor systems.
- In-house Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Mechanical and Electrical Assembly and Repairs including equipment returned from Customer’s sites for repair and re-conditioning as well as previously salvaged parts and assemblies that are re-conditioned for sale.
- Support Engineering Team.
- General Responsibilities:
- Documentation: Complete accurate, thorough and timely documentation of work performed including detailed service and repair reports, inventory adjustment forms and timesheets.
- Housekeeping: Maintain a safe and well-organized work area.
- Ownership: Accept ownership of all assigned duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or a Technical Associates Degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (must possess a valid driver’s license and US Passport, or ability to obtain both).
- Ability to act as a dependable and communicative representative of our company and the Customer.
- Ability to work in various work climates and conditions.
- Strong, quick, and creative troubleshooting skills in a technical and mechanical setting.
- Comfortable speaking in front of a group and leading on-site training classes for Customers.
- Willingness to take initiative and work independently.
- Capable of completing timely and accurate records for documentation and billing purposes.
- Experience in a hydroelectric controls system setting.
- Experience or understanding of hydraulic systems.
- Experience and understanding power generation plants.
- Knowledge or understanding of designing and programming PLC systems.
AGC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.