Careers at American Governor
Careers at American Governor: Project Manager
Location: Ivyland, PA (Bucks County/Greater Philadelphia), or São Paulo, Brasil
Type: Full Time
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Project Manager is accountable for the overall success of the assigned projects; the management of hydro turbine controls projects for new hydro facilities or retrofits of existing facilities. The successful PM will take ownership of the assignment, follow established protocol, and use professional discretion in reaching the project goals.
- Manage projects through the designated stage gate process for project management at American Governor Company (AGC).
- Ensures the overall success of the project, emphasizing customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the project technically AND commercially, and ensuring both specifications are met.
- Oversee and facilitate strict project deadlines for on-time customer delivery.
- Maintain excellent customer relationships by interpreting customer needs and working to find solutions.
- Ensure that AGC resources are available to meet the project needs. Resource conflicts are resolved by upper management.
- Shall be intimate with and maintain project archives for all contract documents, including T&Cs, quote, pricing, etc.
- Develops the project plan and directs the project’s resources appropriately
- Keep the project in line with budget, invoicing, and collecting payments for milestones.
- Coordinate with procurement team and manage any resource timing issues.
- The PM is the primary contact, interfacing and coordinating with customers, AGC team members, and management.
- Provide weekly project status reports to the Engineering Manager, and participates in weekly conference call (1-2 minutes per project).
- Keep AGC management in the loop on problems or potential problems with all projects.
- Run all project meetings, including kick off meetings, design reviews, and closeouts.
- Ensure proper monitoring, control, and documentation of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an Engineering discipline or related field.
- Experience as a project manager, or assistant project manager in architectural, engineering, or construction projects can be substituted for education.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience as a lead or assistant project manager.
- Proficiency in MS Project is a mandatory skill for this role.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (must possess a valid driver’s license and passport).
- Ability to act as a dependable and communicative project leader for both AGC and the customer.
- Strong, quick, and creative troubleshooting skills in a technical and mechanical setting.
- Comfortable speaking in front a team and leading on-site training classes for customers.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Experience in a hydroelectric controls system setting, with heavy hydraulic systems in a power generation plant.
- Knowledge or understanding in mechanical and electrical control systems projects.
- Experience with Federal Government, Municipalities, or Power Company contract fulfillment.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registered, PMI Certification, or PMP Designation HIGHLY DESIRED.
AGC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.