Careers at American Governor
Careers at American Governor: Controls Engineer
Location: Ivyland, PA (Bucks County/Greater Philadelphia), or São Paulo, Brasil
Type: Full Time
We are seeking a qualified, passionate, and dynamic Mechanical or Electrical Engineer to join our Engineering team, which specializes in original design (built to customer specifications) and project management, as a Controls Engineer. The Controls Engineer will be responsible for both the design of new controls systems and applications, and interfacing with existing control and hydraulic systems. This includes seeing projects through from beginning to end, as well as commissioning equipment in the field and training customers. This individual will have the opportunity to work on many large-scale projects, with the opportunity for continued and tracked growth.
- Develop and design control systems which includes:
- Panel design and integration into existing systems
- Adapting Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and Human Machine Interface (HMI) software into existing systems with new, custom applications.
- Designing new functionality as specified by the customer.
- Integrate new electrical and hydraulic equipment into existing mechanical control systems.
- Provide engineering support to projects from beginning to end, which includes:
- Monitoring production of panels and electrical control cabinets.
- Performing Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs).
- Commissioning new systems at customer sites.
- Training customers (plant technicians and managers) on functionality and operation of the new systems.
- Project Management responsibilities, which include, but are not limited to:
- Manage project benchmarks and deadlines for on-time delivery.
- Oversee and facilitate strict project deadlines for on-time customer delivery.
- Maintain excellent customer relationships by interpreting customer needs and working to find creative and effective solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (must possess a valid driver’s license and US Passport).
- Knowledge or understanding of designing and programming PLC systems.
- Ability to act as a dependable and communicative project leader for both our company and the customer.
- Ability to work in various work climates.
- Strong, quick, and creative troubleshooting skills in a technical and mechanical setting.
- Comfortable speaking in front a team and leading on-site training classes for customers.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Experience in a hydroelectric controls system setting.
- Experience or understanding of hydraulic systems.
- Experience and understanding power generation plants.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registered or ability to become registered.
AGC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.