Careers at American Governor
Careers at American Governor: Controls Engineer
Location: Ivyland, PA (Bucks County/Greater Philadelphia),
or São Paulo, Brasil
Job Type: Full-Time
We are seeking a qualified, passionate, and dynamic engineer to join our team, which specializes in original design and project management, as a Controls Engineer. The Controls Engineer will be responsible for both the design of new controls systems and applications, and interfacing with existing control and hydraulic systems. This includes seeing projects through from beginning to end, as well as commissioning equipment in the field and training customers. This individual will have the opportunity to work on many large-scale projects, with the opportunity for continued and tracked growth. WE WILL PROVIDE TRAINING ON HYDROPOWER SYSTEMS.
- Develop and design control systems which includes:
- Panel design and integration into existing systems
- Adapting Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and Human Machine Interface (HMI) software into existing systems with new, custom applications.
- Designing new functionality as specified by the customer.
- Integrate new electrical and hydraulic equipment into existing mechanical control systems.
- Provide engineering support to projects from beginning to end, which includes:
- Monitoring production of panels and electrical control cabinets.
- Performing Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs).
- Commissioning new systems at customer sites all over the WORLD
- Training customers (plant technicians and managers) on functionality and operation of the new systems.
- Maintain excellent customer relationships by interpreting customer needs and working to find creative and effective solutions.
Travel: This position may require domestic or international travel. A valid driver’s license and Passport are required for travel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering; or 5-10 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge or understanding of designing and programming PLC systems.
- Analyze engineering designs of logic or digital circuitry, motor controls, instrumentation, or data acquisition for implementation into new or existing automated, servo mechanical, or other electromechanical systems.
- Ability to act as a dependable and communicative project leader for both our company and the customer.
- Strong, quick, and creative troubleshooting skills in a technical and mechanical setting.
- Test performance of electrical, electronic, mechanical, or integrated systems or equipment.
- Experience in a hydroelectric controls system setting highly desired.
- Experience and understanding power generation plants and hydraulic systems also highly desired.
- Comfortable speaking in front a team and leading on-site training classes for customers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Proficiency in computer aided design software. (AutoCAD LT, PTC Creo)
Key Words: RSLogix, Allen Bradley, Seimens, Modicon, PLC, HMI, Panel, Enclosure
AGC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.